Why You Should Be Supporting Family Run Businesses
Vicky’s Burgers is a family run business and has been in the restaurant industry in the Inland Empire since 1995. But what’s the big deal about a “family run” business? Well, the following list of 5 reasons is why…
- Local Character and Prosperity – in an increasingly homogenized world, communities preserving their one-of-a-kind businesses have an economic advantage
- Community Well-being – locally owed businesses help build stronger communities by linking neighborhoods in a web of economic and social relationships
- Keeping Dollars in the Local Economy – As compared to “chain” stores, locally owned businesses recycle a much larger share of their revenue back into the local economy, thereby enriching the community as a whole
- Jobs and Wages – Locally owned businesses create more local jobs and often times, pay better wages than chain establishments.
- Competition – A marketplace of thousands of small businesses is the best way to ensure innovation and lower prices over the long-run
Now go do your part and get out and support your locally owned businesses. You’re local economy will thank you!